By Norm D. Smith, Frederick L. Hoff, Steven C. Campbell (auth.), Andrew C. Novick MD, Michael Marberger MD (eds.)
Read or Download Atlas of Clinical Urology: The Kidneys and Adrenals PDF
Similar clinical books
Selling advancements within the prognosis, prevention, and remedy of coronary artery ailment, this reference furnishes the most recent info on new and rising possibility components for atherothrombotic vascular disorders-analyzing lipid-related and psychosocial hazard elements, the genetic facets of sickness, the capability position of an infection and irritation, metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance, and increased blood degrees of homocysteine and hemostatic components.
The place do you start to seem for a up to date, authoritative article at the analysis or administration of a selected malignancy? The few basic onco logy textbooks are in most cases old-fashioned. unmarried papers in really good journals are informative yet seldom complete; those are extra frequently prelimi nary stories on a truly restricted variety of sufferers.
Through the global, head and neck melanoma is a big chance to public healthiness and an important problem to either clinicians and uncomplicated scientists. regardless of broad efforts in fundamental prevention, screening, early detection, and remedy, long term survival premiums haven't more advantageous considerably within the final 3 many years.
- Cartilage Restoration: Practical Clinical Applications
- Clinical Medicine in Optometric Practice (Second Edition)
- Microcirculation of the Heart: Theoretical and Clinical Problems
- Cerebral Sinus Thrombosis: Experimental and Clinical Aspects
- Pathogenesis and Clinical Practice in Gastroenterology
Extra resources for Atlas of Clinical Urology: The Kidneys and Adrenals
Computed tomographic image ofbilateral oncocytomas. Classically, oncocytomas on CT have "central scars," as seen in both of these lesions. This appearance, however, may be noted in renal cell carcinomas as well. To be considered an oncocytoma histologically, the neoplastic renal cells must be large epithelial cells with finely granular eosinophilic cytoplasm and a cytologic appearance consistent with a grade 1 neoplasm. More aggressiveappearing cells should prompt the diagnosis of an oncocytic renal neoplasm rather than oncocytoma.
64. : Improved CT fat detection in small kidney angiomyolipomas using thin sections and single voxel measurements. 1 Comput Assist Tomog 1993, 17:745-748. Ill. The Kidneys and Adrenals 22 Screening, Diagnosis, and Staging of Renal Cell Carcinoma }. Stuart Waf~ }r, james E. Montie - (- 2 CANCEROUS DISEASE SECTION The greater use of imaging modalities such as ultrasonography and CT have contributed to an increase in the number of renal tumors diagnosed. The 1996 estimate for new cases of kidney cancer in the United States was 30,600, w ith an estimated mortality of 12,000 [1).
St. Louis: Mosby-Year Book; 1996:643- 694. 29. : Magnetic resonance imaging in the staging of renal cell carcinoma. lnt Ural Nephro/1994, 26:615-619. 2. : Renal cell carcinoma: earlier discovery and increased detection. Radiology 1989, 170:699-703. 3. Silverman SG, Bloom DA, Seltzer SE: The radiological evaluation of renal masses: approach, analysis, and new technologies. AUA Update Series 1994, 13:1-7. 30. Choyke PL: Detection and staging of renal cancer. Magn Reson Imaging Clin NorthAm 1997,5 :29-47.