By Miriam Lichtheim
Chronologically prepared translations of historic Egyptian writings shed mild upon the improvement of numerous literary kinds. Bibliogs.
Read or Download Ancient Egyptian Literature: Volume II: The New Kingdom (Near Eastern Center, UCLA) PDF
Similar ancient books
Обучение на АнглийскомThis ordinary Latin path for 7-10 yr olds combines a uncomplicated creation to the Latin language with fabric at the background and tradition of Roman Britain. hugely illustrated, the e-book includes a mix of tales and myths, grammar reasons and workouts, and history cultural info.
The family members among old Russia and Scandinavia, first released in 1877, by way of the Danish philologist, Vilhelm Thomsen (1842-1927), comprises Thomsen's 3 lectures at the origins of the Russian nation. The lectures got on the Taylor establishment, Oxford, in could 1876. the 1st lecture covers the ethnic historical past of old Russia and its earliest political associations and the second one and 3rd lectures examine Russia's Scandinavian origins.
This choice of essays methods the position of demons and the satan in historic and medieval Christianity from a number of scholarly views: old, philosophical, and theological in addition to philological, liturgical, and theoretical. within the beginning article Gerd Theissen offers a wide-ranging evaluate of the position of the satan, spanning the Hebrew Bible, the recent testomony, and patristic literature.
- Hethitisches Zeichenlexikon: Inventar und Interpretation der Keilschriftzeichen aus den Bogazkoy-Texten (Studien zu den Bogazkoy-Texten) (German Edition)
- From Ancient Israel to Modern Judaism: Intellect in Quest of Understanding, Volume I: Essays in Honor of Marvin Fox
- Stories from the History of Rome
- The ancient Egyptian coffin texts : spells 1-1185 & indexes
- The family in the Greco-Roman world
Extra resources for Ancient Egyptian Literature: Volume II: The New Kingdom (Near Eastern Center, UCLA)
12. Unidentified region of Nubia. 13. Horus and Seth, whose ullion represented the united kingship of Egypt. 14. Isis and Nephthys, the guardians of Osiris. THE GREAT SPHINX STELA OF AMENHOTEP II AT GIZA Originally carved to represent King Khafra, the great sphinx of Giza came to be worshiped as a manifestation of the sun-god Harmakhis (Horus-in-the-horizon). In memory of having frequently visited the SPOl, King Amenhorep II erected a monument on [he sphinx's northeast side, where it was discovered in 1936.
14-20. Study: H. l des Dntlm. Abhandlungen del' deutM:hen Akademie de .. Wissen'IChaften, Berlin. -his!. , 194i/2 (Berlin, 1949). ic-in-appearance): the King ofCpper and Lower Egypt, Lord of the Two Lands: Mmkheperre; the Son ofRe, [of his body: ThurmoJe, given life forever]. His majesty commanded to record [the victories his father Amun had given him) by an inscription in the temple which his majesty had made for [his father Amun, so as to record] (5) each campaign, together with the booty which [his majesty] had brought [from it, and the tribute of every foreign land) that his father Re had given him.
Pp. 90-100, h